Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hi from Jake

I do a kids version of the blog for Jake's classmates that I was telling Jake about and when I asked if he'd like to write a note to his friends, he said yes. Here's what he had to say:

Hi everyone,

I'm doing great. I can't wait to come back and see everybody. I have to go to therapy four times a day and I don't like it. They work me too hard and make me sweat. I have to eat pureed food and I hate it. I like the drinks they have here. I have a tube in my nose that I hate. I also have tape all over my face, it's annoying and feels weird. (it holds the feeding tube in) I also have a brace on my arm that I hate, I have it so I don't pull my feeding tube out. I've done that several times. I have a drawing board that I really like and we play a lot of tic-tac-toe. Thank you so much for the cards.

Jake


He expressly asked me to sign his name so they would know it was from him. :-)

I wanted to share another funny story...Jake had just fallen asleep this morning at 7:30 and I had to wake him up for an ultrasound at 8:00. (He developed a lump by his groin yesterday they wanted to check out.) On the way down to ultrasound, he says to me "Have you ever heard of the expression rude awakening?" I said "yes," and he says to me "that's what you did to me." Cracked me up.

The ultrasound came back as a swollen lymph node and some excess fluid which will be treated with IV antibiotics. He just got his other PIC line out a few days ago, so another IV back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment