Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 6 - Morning

I definitely hit an emotional wall this morning. It is so hard going day to day with the feeling of no visible progress being made. I desperately want a milestone to be achieved, but things are just going to take time. I am trying very hard to stay positive and focus on the fact that we haven't had any major setbacks as the progress but I don't always succeed.

He had another spike in his cerebral pressure overnight and this time they are trying to treat it with a paralytic which is inducing a bit of paralysis instead of pushing more saline which is how they've brought down the spikes before. All of the meds/blood pressure/cerebral pressure are such a fine balance. He feeding tube intake has increased but we're waiting to hear from the Dr. if we need to dial that back because of  the paralytic.

His spinal tap results came back and did not show any sign of infection which is good. There may have been a little inflammation but they are waiting for the culture to come back to be sure. There are also still no signs of vasospasm in the brain which is also a plus.

3 comments:

  1. Dana, hang in there. I have absolutely NO DOUBT Jake will make it through this, we have way to many people praying for him right now. LOVE YOU!!

    This was at the end of a You Tube video a friend sent me today and I wanted to share it with you.

    The Lord will fight for you; you only need to be still. Exodus 14:14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you cousin! I've been checking your blog practically hourly hoping for miraculous news, but we have to stay positive and patient.!I totally agree with Ryan, he is going to make it through this!I know your whole family is upside down right now butyou have family and friends that are going to be with you through this whole I thing..you are not alone!I'm sending you energy, strength and a huge hug! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, hang in there and focus on the fact that there are no setbacks. He's just taking his time. He is going to recover from this!! We are thinking about him constantly and visualizing him up and playing with friends!!

    ReplyDelete