Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 15 - Morning

It was just dawning on me that it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to post something at 10 at night and again early in the morning, not much is happening overnight anymore...which is a really good thing. I think I may start doing my morning post more midday. 

The plan for the today is to just keep things calm and quiet and work towards taking the vent out again in the next few days.

I've had several people ask me how we are getting through this and not just becoming an emotional puddle. Trust me there are tears and some days are harder than others, but we are really fighting hard to stay in the moment, be positive about the progress he's making and take each day one at a time. And at least for me, it's a constant battle. I am a planner and like to know what's ahead. But if we allow ourselves to look down the road at what he's going to have to work with post sedation or what rehab is going to be like, it's too much too handle. I have a lot of questions I'm not asking because honestly, a lot of it at this point is speculation. I'd rather wait to deal with the facts as they present themselves. Our goal and end result we are working towards and praying for is a complete recovery. Nothing less. I also have to turn it over to God and trust that he has a plan for Jake.

I think this scripture from my devotional last night sums it up best

"I am the Lord, the God of every person on the earth. Nothing is impossible for me."  Jeremiah 32:37

2 comments:

  1. Praying today for a complete recovery. Nothing less. Love that. :)

    ReplyDelete