Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fundraiser on Saturday

I normally would feel very uncomfortable about promoting a fundraiser for Jake myself, but this one is a little different. Two girls who were in Jake's class last year started making and selling bracelets back in September to help raise money for his medical expenses. They came up with the idea completely on their own and I was so touched when one of the mom's contacted me to tell me about it. As I understand it, her daughter was very aware of all the costs after her Grandma had an ICU stay and she wanted to do something to help. Pretty extraordinary 10 year old girl.

I would love for their sale on Saturday to be a success because of all the time and work they've put in. They will be at the Tallyn's Reach Library at 23911 E Arapahoe Rd  Aurora, CO 80016 this Saturday from 10-12:30. Jake and I are also planning in being there part of the time to support them. If you're in the area and could stop by, we'd really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment